• Investor
  • Lakewood, OH
Votes |
Donald Trump & Real Estate Investing

Cary F.
  • Investor
  • Lakewood, OH
Posted Nov 9 2016, 05:54

I'm interested to hear what investors think about Donald Trump as President as it pertains to real estate investing. Here's some of the things I'm thinking about:

1. Demand for Rent: Presidential elections do not change the demand for rent. Or do they?
  2. Tax Shelters: Trump is a real estate investor and conservatives (including Congress) are for less regulation, therefore real estate tax shelters should remain intact 
  3. Volatility in Policy - Republicans now run the show. How will new policies change the economy?
  4. International Relations - How will Trump engage the global community? Will trade agreements be changed thus impacting us in a good/bad way?
  5. Interest Rates - What will rates do now? The answer here lies in the economic impact of republican policy implementations. I think rates will stay low...
  6. Home Prices - Is there a risk of volatility in home prices with an unpredictable person in office? Again, I think this is a function of the economy as a whole.

I believe that the fundamentals haven't changed and I'm obviously still bullish on REI. (FYI, I'm also investing in the Cleveland area which generally hasn't experienced much price volatility.)

What do other investors think? I'm very interested in gaining perspective from people who have been here before. 

Markets always overreact when volatility presents itself (recall Brexit). Stocks will tank today. The Peso is getting crushed. People are panicked. In a week, stability will take back over and markets should calm down. My question is more about what the LASTING changes of a Trump presidency will be.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...