Seller Financing and $8K Tax Credit

Seller Financing and $8K Tax Credit

Real Estate Investor · Tullahoma, TN · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm using a contract for deed to offer seller financing to one of my tenants so that he can claim the $8k tax credit and use it for a downpayment. Do I also need a promissory note? Do I need to file any docs at courthouse and if so what needs to be filed? Thanks for any help.

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2009 · 177 posts · 52 votes
    17y

    Hi Marvin,
    There are several past threads on this topic. Do a quick search and Im sure you will find the answers you're looking for. I know I have gained SOOOO much knowledge from this site on that topic. Hope this helps.

  • Real Estate Investor · Tullahoma, TN · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    Thanks Ty for the advice. So far, my search has not turned up any answers to this topic so if anyone has knowledge of how to handle the Contract for Deed paperwork, please leave me a post.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.