Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 9 votes
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a property which currently has tenants in the eviction process in Atlanta GA.
Anyone have experience with this? I don't know what the process is?
I'm purchasing cash, and would like to close quickly (i don't want to lose the deal).
Or should I wait for the seller to complete eviction, he just filed, so it could take 1-2 months.
Or can I write the contract up in a way where we close now, and he has to see out the eviction and deliver property vacant. Problem with that is who knows the condition of the property at that time.
Investor · Woodland Hills · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 33 votes
9y
Stay away from it till the tenants are evicted. usually state laws are more favorable to tenants than land lords (CA law is too tilted towards tenants), so it will take a while for the whole process to finish. If the tenants damage or trash the house, it is up to the landlord to go after the damages and it takes additional time and effort.
Just wait and let the current landlord deal with the process. I'm sure he will more motivated to get rid of the tenants which will work in your favor. Let us know how it goes. Good luck with the purchase