First Time Home Buyer.How to chose inspector? Specific questions?

First Time Home Buyer.How to chose inspector? Specific questions?

Norcal · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

this is my first time buying a home, and I need to schedule an inspection. 

Should I just browse yelp and find a well-rated inspector?

Or are there specific questions to ask to see how good they are? 

For example, I've seen some reports with IR pictures that show moisture levels. Is this a plus?

the house is 20 years old, 2 stories.

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Norcal · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    One inspector was referred to me. What is the best way to check the quality of their work? He doesn't have a yelp page, just facebook

  • Norcal · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    I'd appreciate if anyone could weigh in

  • Investor · Fuquay Varina, NC · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 26 votes
    9y
    Are you working with an agent? If so, they should be able to recommend someone. If not then I would just pick someone with good reviews I guess. Honestly they're all fairly similar - they usually have pretty specific training and are pretty nit picky (good for buyers).
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.