Real Estate Investor Jobs

Real Estate Investor Jobs

Mississauga, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes

Hi All,

              Im currently working an IT support gig here in Toronto ON and to be honest Im not sure if I like the idea of working here. This job taking up a lot of my time which i would rather be using to get me towards my goal of financial freedom of which real estate investing is my vehicle of choice! I got the great idea ( off of another BP'er) to get a job in the real estate investing space. So I can earn while I learn( Only want to work there untill my investments can pay me enough to quit) and further propel myself deep into the world of real estate investing.

           What do you all think and which type of job would make sense. Some options are working for a PM company, working for a contractor who is an investor, an Agent (no so easy to jump into and kind of a longer term thing) ...

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Juneau, AK · Member since 2015 · 980 posts · 741 votes
    9y

    Some may depend on your skill set, but from the limited info in your post, I would think you might be helpful working for a property manager or realtor on their online presence or with their online platform for property management or listings. Even just entering the listings or vacancies might get you very conversant in the local market.

    Then you could also make some key contacts, learn the process, and maybe even find your first deal (a client may be willing to owner finance a rental, for example).

    If you are handy, you might try and work with a firm that does apartment turnovers (make ready) or even as a laborer for a remodeling contractor (especially one that does flip work for others or on their own)--to get the full hands on view of how to get apartments ready to rent or flips ready to sell.

    Maybe the best hands on way to work in the space is to buy your first rental; maybe your first or next home could be a duplex or single family with an accessory apt.

    Best of Luck.

  • Mississauga, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the advice. @Michael Boyer. I consider myself to be pretty handy. Im no expert but I have done my fair share of contracting work. I know the basics in carpentry,plumbing, electrical and foundations. I would love to find a contractor to work for, but one who is also an investor that renovates his own investments. This way I can learn more about acquisitions and the whole show from start to end. The only issue is I currently live here in Canada. and Ive been learning about investing in the US as opposed to my local market for many reasons. Maybe I should move to the US to really get my hands dirty.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.