Cape May Court House, NJ · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
hey all,
This is my first getting into real estate; i'm 21 and ambitious. The idea of making profit from this area seems theoretically quite simple. Theres a house selling for 70k near my hometown. I was doing some research and theres a law where buyers only need to put down a 3.5% downpayment which would be about $2500. Zillow says that the mortgage would be about 300. If I rent the place out for lets say, 800 a month. Thats 500 in profit every month. Do that process for multiple houses and its money and i'll be started!! Then with a financial basis I could flip houses. I dont have much cash now but with some financial support from family as well as working I think I could make this work. Please let me know what you all think. There must be more to it. I dont have any experience so I want to learn. Thank you
Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 263 posts · 141 votes
9y
Do you know if it needs repair and if so how much the repair will be?
You also should interview the owners and find out how much it costs to maintain it? For example, are there HOA fees, how much does gas, electricity, and water costs per month?
When you go to the city housing website does it indicate if there are any liens on the house?
Some states offer low down payments only to first time home buyers or people who buy in certain neighborhoods. Sometimes they still make you pay pmi. I am not sure if Cape May does that.