Anybody watch the show Property Brothers?

Anybody watch the show Property Brothers?

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2010 · 739 posts · 372 votes

I'm definitely into it as I love all aspects of rehabs and construction.

But it is so ridiculous and unrealistic it's hilarious.

5 min ago: "So the house is actually city subsidized and they are listing it at $615k.  Honestly I believe the house is undervalued and we should put an offer in at $665k".  With a $190k rehab budget we're right around your target number."

$50k over asking, $190k rehab - gotta love Hollywood

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Chris Purcell yeah wife watches it. I peek in at times. I get a good laugh too.  If I told some of my clients that they would tar and feather me. I have also had those other kinds of clients that it didn't matter. Only two though.  When they asked about price, well, as long as it was expensive that was ok with them. One job the architect specified these little (cheap looking to me) soap dishes. At Restoration Hardware they were 700 a pop. Three per bathroom and 4 baths. I found the serial number and found the exact same soap dishes for 7 bucks at Walmart. I told my client about it and he told me under no uncertain terms would he ever buy from Walmart. It was the first 4 million 3800 sqft building I have ever done. But that is why too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.