Buying a Hold Property Adjacent to a major highway

Buying a Hold Property Adjacent to a major highway

Westland, MI · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 2 votes

Hello community! I am currently looking at a property in which the backyard is right beside a major highway.  Is this a significant turn off for renters because of the noise pollution?  In terms of a percentage, how much would the noise decrease the value of the home when compared to a similar house which is not next to a major source of noise pollution?  Thanks!

0Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    In terms of resale, what are you thinking, you might end up holding a longer than warranted time.

    Traffic noise is a turn off and even worse is visible traffic for anybody..

  • Investor · Fort Pierce, FL · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 16 votes
    9y

    I'm looking at one right now as well. It was a major concern when doing the offsite research. However when I got there, there was a good vegetation buffer...so no eye-sore. And the noise didn't occur to me until I got back and my girlfriend asked me about it. The vegetation did the trick.

    Best to go to the property and check it out. I'd ask myself: "would I want to live here and deal with this". For sure it's a turn off to the majority if it's loud and wide open.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.