Kansas City, MO home inspector and appraiser referral

Kansas City, MO home inspector and appraiser referral

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 6 votes
Does anyone have a referral for a solid, thorough home inspector and appraiser in the KC area ?
0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 64 votes
    9y
    I usually don't have a typical home inspection done. I have one cover the major stuff. I use a roofer, plumber, electrician, engineer for any foundation issues ($160 cash), termite, and get a drain line inspection. A home inspector is typically about $400. I find them to be generalists and when they find a problem they refer you to somebody else anyway. I'll typically run $500 or so to bring those professionals out. $250 is the drain line and the inspector wouldn't do that anyway. As for an appraiser I've always been told it's a waste of my money because every bank and appraiser is different.
  • Investor · Lee's summit, MO · Member since 2016 · 75 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    I agree with @Michael H. inspectors are usually very general in their assessment however this guy InspectorNick.com does an amazing job. I have used him 5 times. He is very thorough in his work and I feel I get my money worth.  btw I have no affiliation what so ever outside of being a satisfied customer

  • Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    Home Detective Property Inspections... extremely thorough, provides very detailed inspection report with photos and goes through the report over the phone in great detail, definitely worth paying for in my opinion!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.