Official requirements for a florida real estate license?

Official requirements for a florida real estate license?

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi, I am interested in getting a Florida real estate license (I am currently an investor). Now I did a simple google search to determine prerequisites but found inconsistent information. For example, one website stated "complete 63 classroom-hours of pre-licensing courses" while another website stated "Complete and pass the state approved 72 hour Brokers Pre-License course". Is there an official government website where I can get the actual requirements?

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
9y

To become a licensee you must pass the 63 hour pre-licensing course and then pass the state test. After you have passed the state test, you must take the post licensing course to keep your license. The brokers course is for anyone licensed and active for two years and cannot be taken until you have met the 2 year requirement. If you have Larson schools near you I suggest them. They are first class.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    To become a licensee you must pass the 63 hour pre-licensing course and then pass the state test. After you have passed the state test, you must take the post licensing course to keep your license. The brokers course is for anyone licensed and active for two years and cannot be taken until you have met the 2 year requirement. If you have Larson schools near you I suggest them. They are first class.

  • Miami Lakes, FL · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    9y
    Dan NA I'm also in Miami and currently studying to get my RE coarse John Thedford is correct. I purchased my course through Gold Coast they're very reputable. Feel free to reach out if you need anything.
  • Real Estate Agent · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    @Dan V. - Here is the website for DBPR

    http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/licensureinformation.html

     Click on Real Estate Associate information.  That's the information you will need to start the process and get your real estate license. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 55 votes
    9y

    @Dan V. what  John said is on point, if you need to take the course while holding a full time job I have found realestateexpress to work great and they offer the pre-license and post license course as well and allow you to do it at your own speed

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.