How much money do you think BiggerPockets made last year?

5 Replies

While we are all trying to make our nickels and dimes in Real Estate, I was wondering how much money BiggerPockets makes? I know its not a publicly listed company and there is no way to know for sure. What would you guess BP's annual revenues and profits are? This is purely out of curiosity..

The ads on the website probably don't do to hot, I'd say they pickup somewhere between 10k-15k per month on that. The core of their revenue looks to come from their Pro membership. Without sitting down and taking a count, then calculating fall off rates, it's hard to say. Wild guess is they generate around 300k-1m per year in total revenue based on the size of site, keyword value, search engine traffic, and pro members being the source of that revenue. 

The rub comes in when most users join, go pro, then give up within the first 6 or 8 month. That is called the fall off rate, they will normally try to offer discounts membership to get people to pay for additional months to expand the fall off rate.

They live and die by search traffic, mainly Google. If they ever get black listed by Google, the site will wither and die. As it's a forums, it's not likely, unless they are doing some shady link building methods.

Tech companies can have huge margins if ran correctly, 50-80% net.

Yes there is a lot of cheap easy money in tech, but it's like trying to make hit TV shows, compared to real estate there is no clear path to success, just lots of hype and you hope it sticks.

Typed on my iPhone.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@Levi T. A lot of websites get search traffic from Yahoo and Bing and do very well and never rely on Google at all.

Google has a 80% market share, Bing has 7% and Yahoo has 5%... That's not serviving, or doing very well if you cut off 87% of your revenue stream. Google is and has been everything when it's comes to search traffic since the early 2000's. Untill they fall, that will never change. 

This post has been removed.

I know this is old, but Levi I believe you may be a little surprised by the actual revenue. Inc estimates bp brought in $6.9 million in 2017. This is a big community with over 6k daily visits, and loads of YTube views. It just goes to show consistency is key.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here