Have a full time job, how many units until big time sacrifice

Have a full time job, how many units until big time sacrifice

Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 74 posts · 8 votes

About to close on my first duplex, where I'll live on one side. If I end up liking it, and want to get more properties, but want to stay effective in my full time job, how do I do that and how many can I get until I start needing to hire a property manager?

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    It depends how much work you are willing to do for your properties, if your job is flexible in its hours, and the proximity of the properties to one another among other things.  If they are least somewhat close and you work a normalish 40 hour per week job, I don't see having a hard time with the first three/four, possibly more.  The big issue would be mowing, which you would likely have to do every 7 to 10 days.

  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    9y

    It depends on how you manage your business, have contractors on call, use contractors for all regular maintenance etc. and the majority of your responsibilities will be making phone calls.

    Biggest issue is you will need to be available/on call 24/7/365. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.