Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Hood
  • Flipper
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
North Carolina RE Broker Privledges in Ohio?

Jessica Hood
  • Flipper
  • Winston Salem, NC
Posted Jul 8 2017, 07:24

Hello! I am looking into getting my RE Broker license in North Carolina, where I currently reside. It is not reciprocal with Ohio, as far as I can see. But I did read that some states allow certain privileges for out of state agents/brokers. Does anyone know, as an NC Broker, would I have any privileges in Ohio? I am an investor and would like to be able to use the Ohio MLS and schedule showings for myself. I would also like to know if I can sell my own properties in Ohio, as an NC Broker.

Lastly, as an NC Broker, if I have to obtain licensing in Ohio to achieve the aforementioned... would I have to be sponsored by an Ohio Broker and have X number of sales under my belt in order to become a Broker myself?  Or can I avoid the whole sponsorship and X sales requirement, since I am already an NC Broker?  I know that if I were an Ohio Broker, trying to become an NC Broker (the reverse), I do not have to take as many courses and I get some credit for being an Ohio Broker.

Looks like the big differences are that NC is a Broker state that does not require sponsorship and does not require X number of sales to become a Broker, while Ohio does.

Any advise or opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Loading replies...