Is lender entitled to this info - ex's refi

Is lender entitled to this info - ex's refi

CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Have been trying to do a refi with BNC - a lender from Zillow...

While I thought things are going smooth, lender came and requested my ex's settlement statement...So he has a rental property where we took out the mortgage together years ago when we were still married...He just recently refinanced it to just his name, taking me off the loan.... His refi closed like 10 days ago....

His old lender (Wells Fargo) sent a letter stating the joint mortgage was paid off... Now BNC asked for my ex's settlement statement to prove that my name is NOT on the new loan...

I almost that the ask is so inapporpriate to the point that I felt offended... Should I reject that request? 

0Reply
67 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris MasonPro Member
Moderator
Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
9y

The lender is no more entitled to any particular paperwork than the borrower is entitled to any particular mortgage. 

You are completely free to reject that request, @Diane G.

See this reply in the discussion

58 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    UPDATE:

    Lender came back and said they do NOT require that documentation anymore...

  • CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Update: Closing on 9/12.....

    BNC has been good except that one weird request which they quickly withdrew... They are very efficient and move very fast... I actually like the experience, compared to all my Well Fargo dealings before...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.