Pricing a SFR rental in Lufkin, TX through roofstock

9 Replies

Hello to all the savvy, smart and nice people here on BiggerPockets. I am a newbie and wannabe investor trying to get my feet wet in RE investing. I recently came across Roofstock through one of the podcasts that I follow and found it to be quite intriguing. One of the properties I was looking at is in Lufkin TX. It was hard to find comps and to really get a sense of what would be a reasonable offer. The price on the property seemed a high from what I could find from the web ( Zillow, eappraisal etc). Any suggestions?  

Originally posted by @Nikhil Pujari :

Hello to all the savvy, smart and nice people here on BiggerPockets. I am a newbie and wannabe investor trying to get my feet wet in RE investing. I recently came across Roofstock through one of the podcasts that I follow and found it to be quite intriguing. One of the properties I was looking at is in Lufkin TX. It was hard to find comps and to really get a sense of what would be a reasonable offer. The price on the property seemed a high from what I could find from the web ( Zillow, eappraisal etc). Any suggestions?  

I wasn't aware they had anything in this area. 

Bumping this thread back up. Any thoughts on Lufkin? How long does the typical SFH stay vacant in the area before it gets rented out?

We have rentals in Lufkin.  We rarely have more than one for rent at any given month.  Like most towns location is key.  There are many newly built rentals in the 1300 square foot range renting for $1100-$1200 range. 

I am a REALTOR® at American Real Estate in Lufkin.  I am more than happy to help you run comps and look for other rental properties in the Lufkin area.  One of my teammates handles property management at our office and we work really well together.  You can google me or look me up on my Facebook page:  Tami Jones, Realtor.

Originally posted by @Tami Jones :

I am a REALTOR® at American Real Estate in Lufkin.  I am more than happy to help you run comps and look for other rental properties in the Lufkin area.  One of my teammates handles property management at our office and we work really well together.  You can google me or look me up on my Facebook page:  Tami Jones, Realtor.

Do you by any chance have any experience with MHPs? There is one I am looking at that may have to be owner financing. Not sure how to proceed with it. If so please send me a pm.