Pricing a SFR rental in Lufkin, TX through roofstock

Pricing a SFR rental in Lufkin, TX through roofstock

San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello to all the savvy, smart and nice people here on BiggerPockets. I am a newbie and wannabe investor trying to get my feet wet in RE investing. I recently came across Roofstock through one of the podcasts that I follow and found it to be quite intriguing. One of the properties I was looking at is in Lufkin TX. It was hard to find comps and to really get a sense of what would be a reasonable offer. The price on the property seemed a high from what I could find from the web ( Zillow, eappraisal etc). Any suggestions?  

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lufkin - College Station Tx · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
9y
I actually live in Lufkin. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more of the local market. I'd love to help you out.
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lufkin - College Station Tx · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    I actually live in Lufkin. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more of the local market. I'd love to help you out.
  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nikhil Pujari:

    Hello to all the savvy, smart and nice people here on BiggerPockets. I am a newbie and wannabe investor trying to get my feet wet in RE investing. I recently came across Roofstock through one of the podcasts that I follow and found it to be quite intriguing. One of the properties I was looking at is in Lufkin TX. It was hard to find comps and to really get a sense of what would be a reasonable offer. The price on the property seemed a high from what I could find from the web ( Zillow, eappraisal etc). Any suggestions?  

    I wasn't aware they had anything in this area. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 215 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    Bumping this thread back up. Any thoughts on Lufkin? How long does the typical SFH stay vacant in the area before it gets rented out?

  • Rental Property Investor · Lufkin, TX · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    We have rentals in Lufkin.  We rarely have more than one for rent at any given month.  Like most towns location is key.  There are many newly built rentals in the 1300 square foot range renting for $1100-$1200 range. 

  • Investor · Lufkin, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I am a REALTOR® at American Real Estate in Lufkin.  I am more than happy to help you run comps and look for other rental properties in the Lufkin area.  One of my teammates handles property management at our office and we work really well together.  You can google me or look me up on my Facebook page:  Tami Jones, Realtor.

  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Tami Jones:

    I am a REALTOR® at American Real Estate in Lufkin.  I am more than happy to help you run comps and look for other rental properties in the Lufkin area.  One of my teammates handles property management at our office and we work really well together.  You can google me or look me up on my Facebook page:  Tami Jones, Realtor.

     Do you by any chance have any experience with MHPs? There is one I am looking at that may have to be owner financing. Not sure how to proceed with it. If so please send me a pm. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    Any specific areas you'd recommend to stay away from in Lufkin with regards to SFR ?

  • Contractor · Covington, KY · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    What class of property are you wanting to purchase?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.