Rent or Sale first investment home?

Rent or Sale first investment home?

Realtor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 8 votes
Hey Ladies and Gentleman, I have a question. I purchase my first investment home in February 2017, I remodeled and it’s looking good. I put it on the market in August, been having some people interested here and there. But nothing definite. The home is listed at $85k I have total of $38k invested in it (include purchase of home and remodeling). A lot of my money is tied up. I’m thinking if it don’t sell by December to go ahead and rent it out, which will be an easy $1,000 - $1,200 a month. What’s y’all advice and experience ?
0Reply
5 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Lydia Woods most investors experience a 1% return on the rental income of the home value.  So, if your home was worth $85k then $850 would be expected.  If you can achieve $1200 per month then SERIOUSLY consider keeping this house.  That would be an incredible amount of cash flow.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.