How much to Discount Rehab near train tracks?

How much to Discount Rehab near train tracks?

Real Estate Consultant · Brookfield, WI · Member since 2014 · 873 posts · 350 votes

Hi, BP 

I'm looking at purchasing at a fix and flip less than 50 yards from an active train track. I'm not for sure how active the train is, maybe twice a day. It is in a really good area in Milwaukee. 

Should I not purchase it (No) or should a discount it 20% (yes)?  

Click vote for "yes" and write "no" in a post. 

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Little Ferry, NJ · Member since 2016 · 426 posts · 226 votes
    9y

    @Michael Henry I don't know the area, but just check the houses that have sold... All houses sell you just need to give the end buyer a reason to why your house is worth the money. With that being said, I would probably discount the same EXACT house that is away from the train tracks where you can't hear the train, about 20%-30% from what the one that is right next to the train. But the house has to literally be the same, meaning same size, same beds/baths, same finishes, same style, same everything. I might even put some nicer stuff like better insulation and windows that way the people walk in and can't hear a single thing. Sound proofing basically.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.