Free & Clear $700k, ARV 1.6M Owner Finance Collaboration | Help

Free & Clear $700k, ARV 1.6M Owner Finance Collaboration | Help

Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 100 posts · 28 votes

I have a CASH 4 Houses sign on my car and this contractor called me today about collaborating on a deal. He has a house that is free and clear in a sought after area in Northwest Atlanta. Realtor.com has it listed as $700k & Zillow has it listed as $698k. There is builder activity in the area. The 3 houses next to it are $1.6 million, $1.3 million, and $1.1 million. The one on other side is $985K and $1.2 million. The owner wants $700k and is willing to work out financing, but to get in the game he has to bring $60k to the table. 


The contractor and I talked for quite some time and I found out that he has been in contracting for 30 plus years, so the experience is there. He says that he has built houses of this caliber from the ground up. We also talked about what changes he would make to make to bring it to $1.6 million. It will cost $400k to get it to appraise at $1.6 mil. So that is all in at $1.1 mill, which will bring a profit of $400k - $500k. Worst case scenario $300k.

The house is vacant at this time and he said that there is an arrangement with the form a contract with the contractor who then in turn deals with the owner? Or should all three of us form the partnership and deal with the owner as one entity?

How would you structure it and what questions am I missing?

Really We are ALL IN at $460k, cost to owmer and $400k to upgrade. 

0Reply
26 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    You cannot rely on Zillow for value.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 100 posts · 28 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Thedford:

    You cannot rely on Zillow for value.

     I use zillow and realtor to find out what has sold in the area for what price. I use Realtor to get a ball park price of the homes close to it. 

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 100 posts · 28 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Michael Williams Can't decipher what you mean "he said that there is an arrangement with the form a contract with the contractor who then in turn deals with the owner?"

    Basically, I'd do a Subject To with the owner, fix up the house and sell it. I'd ask for references from the contractor to see if indeed he has done houses like that. I'd hire an appraiser to tell me what he would value the house at with the improvements you are considering.

     The contractor is the guy that contacted me. He is going to buy the house from the owner and rehab it up to the $1.6m. He is seeking to partner with someone to split the $60k to get it under contract, and the also split the $400k upgrade cost. The contractor is the buyer and the rehabber seeking a partner. The owner is open to creative methods with the buyer, who is also the contractor who is going to rehab the property. 

    I am a wholesaler, I am trying to get into this deal by finding him the partner he seeks to split all of the cost.  I know the back end price will depend on the lot size zoning and other factors. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.