Permission To Show; Is Seller bound after expiration?

Permission To Show; Is Seller bound after expiration?

Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm selling my home as a for sale by owner. Four months ago, I signed a standard PTS agreement (Arkansas) with an agent, who was temporarily helping out a Buyer (who did not have an agreement with any Listing Firm). I agreed to pay the agent a commission if I accepted the Buyer's offer and we closed - a contract was presented which we did not accept. The contract and the PTS had the same short term expiration date. I'm wondering, after four months have passed since the previous agreement & contract expiration's, if the Buyer approaches me again without the agent being involved, and if I sell the house to them - do you think that I'm still bound to pay that former agent a commission? Thanks, John!

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    Read your agreement.  Most contain a clause that if a buyer was introduced to the property during the listing agreement, and then buys after listing expiration, they are covered under that agreement....usually 90-180 days.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.