Boston MA Investing/Real Estate License

4 Replies

Hi Everyone! My name is Kayla. I've been on the BP website and listening to the podcasts for quite a while now. My husband and I plan on making the move to Boston once he is separated from the military in the spring. I am originally from Maine, so I'm quite familiar with new england in general. 

I have a few questions for anyone out there who has invested in Boston and/or sells real estate in the area. I plan on getting my real estate license in Boston and we also would like to invest. I don't think it's a secret that everything is at the top of the market in Boston and many other cities right now. However, getting my real estate license is not only something I want to do part time, but also it will help in having access to MLS for deals. Is there anyone that can give some insight into which real estate schools are best in the area and how feasible it is to sell part time? Any advice is much appreciated from anyone who has invested in the area and/or has a real estate license and your experience with that in Boston. Thanks so much!

@Kayla Collura I'd be happy to help.  Take a look at www.re-school.org and see if they have a location that works for you.  If you want any advice on the test or where to hang your license when you get it, call me any time.

FULL DISCLOSURE - I have no relationship with this company, nor do I receive any kind of compensation from them.

HarrisRealEstateSchool.com offers video-based classes that you can do at your own pace at brokerage offices throughout the state.  abcrealestatetraining.com also offers video-based classes at brokerage offices.

@Charlie McPherson Thank You for the advice! I will be taking the course online, which I'm pretty sure re-school has, right?  I would love to set up a time to chat further about the test and where to hang my license. Any advice is much appreciated, as I still have a lot to learn! :) 

@Kayla Collura

Massachusetts does not allow online pre-licensing education.  Video based courses that you watch at a brokerage office is as progressive as we've gotten here in Mass.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here