would you let someone buy your house with Bitcoins?

would you let someone buy your house with Bitcoins?

Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes

So this is one of the hottest topics of the season in the investing world and I want peoples take on it.

I've personally held off buying properties (in a dry market) and invested in bitcoin for a short term profit.

Where do you guys think cryptocurrency is headed. Is it a sustainable technology? my friend asked me if I would ever sell a property for bitcoins and it got me thinking what our future financial system is going to look like

1Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 16 votes
    8y
    Right now, Bitcoin has skyrocketed and anyone who knows basics about investing should be really concerned. However, as a long term investment, I think bitcoins value will continue to increase even beyond the current 18k price it has right now. The blockchain technology is becoming commercialized by various other companies, and the concept of digital currency is already permeating society even in ways that don’t make us think about cryptos. You can pay someone on FB, Snapchat, iMessage, and with Apple Pay. We already are digitizing currency before the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. It has too much attention now and multiple American agencies will soon implement futures to bet against bitcoin. It’s already established itself as something that will not go away. Too many people believe in it now that even after a crash, it will still have significant value. And until we really know what we’re going to do with it, it’s kind of like an expensive collectible that many people want their hands on. So I would say yes! Pay me in bitcoin. I will be extremely happy in a couple of years with that trade.
  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    I tried to sell a free and clear house back in 2014 via bitcoin with no luck. It just did not have enough users at that time I think. I was willing to gamble on it back then. It actually might be less of a gamble today. 

    Here is what a few billionaires like Bill Gates predicted for bitcoin 11 months ago. 

    https://youtu.be/TVN9MPWEmYc

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.