Does Fannie/Freddie require escrow on investment property

Does Fannie/Freddie require escrow on investment property

Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 6 votes

I've been told that i have to escrow taxes/insurance because i'm buying an investment property...and fannie/freddie require it.  is that true?

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y

Personally, I like escrow. Then I don't have to worry about the yearly big chunk of taxes and insurance, but rather pay a little more each month. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I've been told that i have to escrow taxes/insurance because i'm buying an investment property...and fannie/freddie require it.  is that true?

     Assuming you are making the normal investment property down payment, no this shouldn't be required, barring overlays. 

    The LLPA is 0.125 discount points. 

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    I just did a cash out refi on SFH and conventional on a duplex and I didn't have to on either loan.

  • Melvin ListBusiness Member
    Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 381 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed No you can waive escrows on an investment property!

    C2 Financial
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Personally, I like escrow. Then I don't have to worry about the yearly big chunk of taxes and insurance, but rather pay a little more each month. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed why wouldn't you want that?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.