Multi-Family property in Marlborough, MA - personal residence

8 Replies

Hi BP Community!

Happy New Year to all. 

Does anyone successfully own multi -Family Property in Marlborough, Ma? I am new to this town and Looking to buy 3 decker for a personal residence, house hacking tactic. Will there be any advice or reference in order to buy right in this area? I currently own 2 family in Worcester, MA and familiar with buy and hold investments responsibilities. 

Thank you in advance. 

Darina 

hey Darina, I am.actually interested in the Woo! Though I don't know much about Marlborough, I'd love to hear of your experience in the Worcester area. Best of luck to you!

Hello Alex,

I have not been very active in Worcester, Ma, however, it is  a very hot market now and properties go fast. Are you considering to buy there? It is a good rental market. 

Hi Darina,

I've been looking at multi properties in the area for a while now. You are going to have a tough time on the MLS as most things seem to be pretty over priced. Also, as I am sure is the case out in Worcester, you have to watch out for the older properties that still have lead paint / knob and tube. I will let you know if I come across any good agents that have some off market deals.

@Eric B.

Yes... Lead Paint is typically unknown in the older multi's, very important to know  

Knob and Tube as well, - ideally you want circuit breakers 

@Eric B. , thank you very much for your input. I will send letters this week to off market properties. Seems like this is where my biggest opportunity.

I am almost certain it has to be better than Worcester. I nor the individuals I associate with will not touch Worcester because of the outrageous taxes the city has. Good luck Darina

@Ted Strzelecki what areas nearby do you like? I guess it is all perspective. I come from parts of NY where taxes are 27k.

@Ted Strzelecki Thank you very much. Letters sent. I am ok to look into nearby properties as well. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here