Do you check sex offender registries before buying

Do you check sex offender registries before buying

Dover, NH · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hi,

I've been looking at a property, running the numbers, etc., and it's piqued my interest. My realtor just forwarded over the property disclosure. It contains a notice to the purchaser instructing that all due diligence with respect to adjacent parcels be performed and includes instructions for obtaining information on sexual offenders from the local police department.

Have any of you run across similar statements in property disclosures before?

Do any of you typically perform that type of check prior to committing to purchase a property?

I'll do my due diligence, but am wondering if this is a property you would avoid on its face.

Thanks.

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tuscaloosa, AL · Member since 2012 · 73 posts · 54 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed

    I think that this is definitely something that potential buyers/tenants would want to know. I would shy away from the scenario unless the deal is absolutely killer but if a sex offender did live in the vicinity, do you think it would hurt your ability to sell or rent? 

    I try to put myself in the occupants shoes when buying a home. 

    Hope this helps

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.