Minimum loan amounts

Minimum loan amounts

Rental Property Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 1k+ votes
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I’ve looked all over online and can’t the specific answer. I know banks have minimum loan amounts they will do. Is that minimum the purchase price, or is it the actual debt amount? Let’s say the minimum is $50,000. I purchase a property for $60,000 with $15,000 down, putting my loan balance at $45,000. Would this loan meet the minimums, or would I need a $50,000 balance after the down payment?
0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 241 posts · 98 votes
    8y

    $50,000 is the minimum loan amount.  If the bank required you to put 20% down, you would need a minimum purchase price of $62,500.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    8y

    It's usually referring to the actual loan amount, not the property price. 

  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    8y

    Some banks has minimum loan policy but other cares if its not coming under high cost they still finance it. MB do takes loans under $50000.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.