Thoughts on buy and hold in OKC, is it a hidden gem?

3 Replies

I’m looking for opinions on the OKC market. My wife and I have been researching/buying properties here for the past couple months and have been seeing some attractive returns (at least for us small frys). Looking through the forums it seems like there hasn’t been much discussion about this market. Why is that? Are we investing in a bad market? Or is OKC the hidden gem that we have all been looking for?

there is more going on here that you are seeing i think.  pretty active market,  returns are pretty good, not as good as during the $4 gas era but still better than alot of areas.  

@Rhett Tullis  Thanks for the info!  How do you feel about the longterm prospects of the market?  Are businesses moving in?  It really seems like the city leadership is doing a lot to bring new businesses into town.  Do you feel that their efforts are working?

lots of good things going on, especially when you consider how much of a hit we took with the drop in oil prices. in the past that kind of drop would have done us in but this time it did not seem to do near as much damage.  I think we are set for a great future but it is not a quick thing, it will take time so it is only a good fit for someone in for the long haul.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.