Searching for reputable, quality Contractors in Houston, Texas

4 Replies

Does anybody know any reputable, quality contractors in Houston, Texas?

Preferably ones that you have personally worked with: on a property you've personally used to successfully rehab & sold (closed) on.

@Torrence Washington ha, ha, ha!!! Houston has over 150k homes needing flood repair, not to mention the massive amount of new construction, and commercial rehabs going on. Finding a good, and available, contractor to do flips is going to be hard. This is where networking before the need is very critical.

I’m on waiting lists over 6 months long. Time is money, so I picked up a hammer and got to work. Sometimes there is no choice but to work “in” your business.

Okay, to be somewhat constructive (pun intended) I have had had some luck by driving/walking the flood rehab areas an looking for good quality work where the crew is nearing the end stages. Call it driving for contractors. :) you get to see their work first hand and get their business cards. 

Also the “ next door” app works well for finding someone who has a day or two to do something like lay tile or paint a wall. Can’t judge their work this way, but it will get you someone local that others have used. Not the cheapest route, but there is not much cheap work being done these days in Houston.

There are three types of work I’m seeing being done on rehabs. 1. Super expensive $150k/house plus being paid in insurance money, or 2. Flippers who have their own crews/do it themselves, 3. Night/weekend crews (guys that work full time somewhere else and do this for extra money) 

Give it another 6 months and good help will be somewhat easier to find. (But still very busy)

Michael Delpier

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.