Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 121 votes
8y
@Torrence Washington ha, ha, ha!!! Houston has over 150k homes needing flood repair, not to mention the massive amount of new construction, and commercial rehabs going on. Finding a good, and available, contractor to do flips is going to be hard. This is where networking before the need is very critical.
I’m on waiting lists over 6 months long. Time is money, so I picked up a hammer and got to work. Sometimes there is no choice but to work “in” your business.
Okay, to be somewhat constructive (pun intended) I have had had some luck by driving/walking the flood rehab areas an looking for good quality work where the crew is nearing the end stages. Call it driving for contractors. :) you get to see their work first hand and get their business cards.
Also the “ next door” app works well for finding someone who has a day or two to do something like lay tile or paint a wall. Can’t judge their work this way, but it will get you someone local that others have used. Not the cheapest route, but there is not much cheap work being done these days in Houston.
There are three types of work I’m seeing being done on rehabs. 1. Super expensive $150k/house plus being paid in insurance money, or 2. Flippers who have their own crews/do it themselves, 3. Night/weekend crews (guys that work full time somewhere else and do this for extra money)
Give it another 6 months and good help will be somewhat easier to find. (But still very busy)
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 471 posts · 267 votes
8y
@Torrence Washington we've done over $1M in investor rehab projects for ourselves and partners. Message me and I can help you either personally or direct you to someone that can.