Investment in Detroit

Most Popular Reply

Investor · FL · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 8 votes
8y

@Nyelle Johnson  and @Jenifer Levini  .   I invest in Detroit and I am out of state.   I went in a couple years ago and bought a few properties. I did waste time on some horrible contractors ( I can give you name/numbers on those guys to avoid).   I also found solid reliable guys that been rehabbing, TLC repairs for many of my properties.

I manage my own properties but still can refer you to a PM if needed.  I also have a tenant placement guy, that will get your home secured/change locks and prep for new tenant. 

I do fly up there several times, as I like to get pulse of the areas I invest and meet the guys I work with over there.

If interested, let me know.

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    I live and invest here! I love Detroit and investing here! How can I help you love Detroit?

  • Philadelphia , PA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

  • Keyonte SummersPro Member
    Harper Woods, MI · Member since 2017 · 384 posts · 311 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson:

    i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

     I actively live and  invest in Detroit you are right you have to look out for shady people. I currently manage all my properties and have a few solid contractors in their respective fields if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas let me know. 

  • Attorney · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2015 · 345 posts · 358 votes
    8y

    I'm interested in checking out investment opportunities in Detroit. I live in the San Francisco bay area surrounded by tech companies: Google, Tesla... Many of these companies are betting big time on building autonomous cars. Theyre building factories in CA & NV. It seems like only a matter of time until they figure out that we already have a national infrastructure to manufacture cars in Detroit. Why reinvent the wheel? Pun intended. What do you think about this logic?

  • Specialist · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    @Nyelle Johnson I can help if you have questions and can give you info on specific properties. We have a contracting company, management company, realtor, Mortgage Company ownership or affiliation. What neighborhoods are you targeting?

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Keyonte Summers:
    Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson:

    i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

     I actively live and  invest in Detroit you are right you have to look out for shady people. I currently manage all my properties and have a few solid contractors in their respective fields if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas let me know. 

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    We provide full Real Estate Support Services in Detroit in order to make sure you are happy and find exactly what you are looking for.

    If you're interested in making an inquiry you can contact me. We also have a local presence in the Detroit area and are well versed in the day to day operations of asset management.

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Keyonte Summers:
    Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson:

    i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

     I actively live and  invest in Detroit you are right you have to look out for shady people. I currently manage all my properties and have a few solid contractors in their respective fields if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas let me know. 

  • Agent/Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Jenifer Levini  the largest test facility for autonomous cars is in Michigan. Outside of San Jose CA Michigan is #2 for autonomous car tech. Google the Monzo Group one of the top teams in Detroit and country and are number #1 in many of the Detroit suburbs and neighborhoods. Feel free to reach out anytime even if you just have a question we have partnerships with property management and renovation companies.

  • Philadelphia , PA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Keyonte Summers please direct message me if u do t mindi won’t bug u but I just want to have good insight and connections to make sure I’m not wasting money or time thank u 

  • Philadelphia , PA · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Robert Graham thank u for responding please inbox me to discuss your resources please 

  • Professional · Canton, MI · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 230 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Smith:

    @Jenifer Levini  the largest test facility for autonomous cars is in Michigan. Outside of San Jose CA Michigan is #2 for autonomous car tech. Google the Monzo Group one of the top teams in Detroit and country and are number #1 in many of the Detroit suburbs and neighborhoods. Feel free to reach out anytime even if you just have a question we have partnerships with property management and renovation companies.

     That's in Washtenaw County though.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Nyelle Johnson  and @Jenifer Levini  .   I invest in Detroit and I am out of state.   I went in a couple years ago and bought a few properties. I did waste time on some horrible contractors ( I can give you name/numbers on those guys to avoid).   I also found solid reliable guys that been rehabbing, TLC repairs for many of my properties.

    I manage my own properties but still can refer you to a PM if needed.  I also have a tenant placement guy, that will get your home secured/change locks and prep for new tenant. 

    I do fly up there several times, as I like to get pulse of the areas I invest and meet the guys I work with over there.

    If interested, let me know.

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Jean Deglon From what I have been told from native Detroitians? It's just like everywhere else, good areas, bad areas, good contractors, investors, property managers, and agents, and bad contractors, investors, property managers, and agents. Gotta know the market and find the good people in the market. BiggerPockets is a great resource for that so you're in the right place!

  • Agent/Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed not sure what that means Is Washtenaw county not in Michigan anymore? It's in Ann Arbor that’s 45 min from downtown Detroit. Google is in Mountain View CA and they have test facilities 1hr away in San Francisco CA. So not sure what you were getting at. 

  • Professional · Canton, MI · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 230 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Smith:

    @Account Closed not sure what that means Is Washtenaw county not in Michigan anymore? It's in Ann Arbor that’s 45 min from downtown Detroit. Google is in Mountain View CA and they have test facilities 1hr away in San Francisco CA. So not sure what you were getting at. 

     Not meaning to nit-pick or give you a hard time. Just seemed like the thread was about investing in Detroit. People in Washtenaw County generally don't think of Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor as part of Detroit (AA particularly, Ypsi to a lesser extent).

  • Agent/Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 46 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Understood my good friend My comment was more towards someone else comment and not towards the thread as a whole. @Jenifer Levini is from CA which is a huge state that I am from originally as you can see from her comment she lives in San Francisco and is surrounded by tech companies some of which are an hour plus away. So, to those outside of Michigan the largest autonomous tech facility being 45 min away from the original automobile manufacturing plants they are practically sharing a parking lot. None the less I was referring to the several out of state investors that think Michigan (not just Detroit) Is waiting to be discovered by new tech and we already have.

  • Attorney · Santa Cruz, CA · Member since 2015 · 345 posts · 358 votes
    8y

    Thank you for all this information. I definitely want to connect with you, share your resources and use your services!

    Here's my next question. Being a California I am a weather wimp! (I admit its just one of my many flaws.) Since i will wither if I am exposed to weather below 60 degrees,  extreme humidity or swarms of bugs, when are the best times to visit Detroit? Please feel free to point out the sheer fragility and jelloey dispositions of us spoiled Ca-ians. (I used to live in Upstate NY, so I have paid my dues.)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.