Investment in Detroit

18 Replies

What do you think about Real Estate investment in Detroit?

I live and invest here! I love Detroit and investing here! How can I help you love Detroit?

i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson :

i am looking to invest in the WAYNE county area of Detroit but I live in Philadelphia I am concerned about finding the right people and not being taking advantage as this is my first invest and all the money I have. I’ve idebtifyed properties but having a hard time finding a realtor willing to go look st them take pics etc. however once I do purchase I need to Identify a good reliable contractor etc. please help

I actively live and  invest in Detroit you are right you have to look out for shady people. I currently manage all my properties and have a few solid contractors in their respective fields if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas let me know. 

I'm interested in checking out investment opportunities in Detroit. I live in the San Francisco bay area surrounded by tech companies: Google, Tesla... Many of these companies are betting big time on building autonomous cars. Theyre building factories in CA & NV. It seems like only a matter of time until they figure out that we already have a national infrastructure to manufacture cars in Detroit. Why reinvent the wheel? Pun intended. What do you think about this logic?

@Nyelle Johnson I can help if you have questions and can give you info on specific properties. We have a contracting company, management company, realtor, Mortgage Company ownership or affiliation. What neighborhoods are you targeting?

Originally posted by @Keyonte Summers :
Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson:

I actively live and  invest in Detroit you are right you have to look out for shady people. I currently manage all my properties and have a few solid contractors in their respective fields if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas let me know. 

We provide full Real Estate Support Services in Detroit in order to make sure you are happy and find exactly what you are looking for.

If you're interested in making an inquiry you can contact me. We also have a local presence in the Detroit area and are well versed in the day to day operations of asset management.

Originally posted by @Keyonte Summers :
Originally posted by @Nyelle Johnson:

@Jenifer Levini   the largest test facility for autonomous cars is in Michigan. Outside of San Jose CA Michigan is #2 for autonomous car tech. Google the Monzo Group one of the top teams in Detroit and country and are number #1 in many of the Detroit suburbs and neighborhoods. Feel free to reach out anytime even if you just have a question we have partnerships with property management and renovation companies.

@Keyonte Summers please direct message me if u do t mindi won’t bug u but I just want to have good insight and connections to make sure I’m not wasting money or time thank u 

Originally posted by @Anthony Smith :

@Jenifer Levini   the largest test facility for autonomous cars is in Michigan. Outside of San Jose CA Michigan is #2 for autonomous car tech. Google the Monzo Group one of the top teams in Detroit and country and are number #1 in many of the Detroit suburbs and neighborhoods. Feel free to reach out anytime even if you just have a question we have partnerships with property management and renovation companies.

That's in Washtenaw County though.

@Nyelle Johnson   and @Jenifer Levini   .   I invest in Detroit and I am out of state.   I went in a couple years ago and bought a few properties. I did waste time on some horrible contractors ( I can give you name/numbers on those guys to avoid).   I also found solid reliable guys that been rehabbing, TLC repairs for many of my properties.

I manage my own properties but still can refer you to a PM if needed.  I also have a tenant placement guy, that will get your home secured/change locks and prep for new tenant. 

I do fly up there several times, as I like to get pulse of the areas I invest and meet the guys I work with over there.

If interested, let me know.

@Jean Deglon From what I have been told from native Detroitians? It's just like everywhere else, good areas, bad areas, good contractors, investors, property managers, and agents, and bad contractors, investors, property managers, and agents. Gotta know the market and find the good people in the market. BiggerPockets is a great resource for that so you're in the right place!

@Joshua Birk  not sure what that means Is Washtenaw county not in Michigan anymore? It's in Ann Arbor that’s 45 min from downtown Detroit. Google is in Mountain View CA and they have test facilities 1hr away in San Francisco CA. So not sure what you were getting at. 

Originally posted by @Anthony Smith :

@Joshua Birk not sure what that means Is Washtenaw county not in Michigan anymore? It's in Ann Arbor that’s 45 min from downtown Detroit. Google is in Mountain View CA and they have test facilities 1hr away in San Francisco CA. So not sure what you were getting at. 

Not meaning to nit-pick or give you a hard time. Just seemed like the thread was about investing in Detroit. People in Washtenaw County generally don't think of Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor as part of Detroit (AA particularly, Ypsi to a lesser extent).

@Joshua Birk Understood my good friend My comment was more towards someone else comment and not towards the thread as a whole. @Jenifer Levini is from CA which is a huge state that I am from originally as you can see from her comment she lives in San Francisco and is surrounded by tech companies some of which are an hour plus away. So, to those outside of Michigan the largest autonomous tech facility being 45 min away from the original automobile manufacturing plants they are practically sharing a parking lot. None the less I was referring to the several out of state investors that think Michigan (not just Detroit) Is waiting to be discovered by new tech and we already have.

Thank you for all this information. I definitely want to connect with you, share your resources and use your services!

Here's my next question. Being a California I am a weather wimp! (I admit its just one of my many flaws.) Since i will wither if I am exposed to weather below 60 degrees,  extreme humidity or swarms of bugs, when are the best times to visit Detroit? Please feel free to point out the sheer fragility and jelloey dispositions of us spoiled Ca-ians. (I used to live in Upstate NY, so I have paid my dues.)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here