Hold Property In Personal Name or Corporation?

Hold Property In Personal Name or Corporation?

KITCHENER, ONTARIO · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Hi, I just bought my first rental property, I am looking to acquire more single and or multi family rentals as soon as possible. I am wondering if I should hold these rentals in a corporation/LLC or in my personal name? My main concern is liability/being sued, i've been lead to believe incorporating will reduce my personal liability.

Thanks,

 Ben 

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    8y

    Insurance is and will be your first line of defence regardless of whether it is in a LLC or not. LLCs can and will be pierced by smart lawyers.

    Your future investment plans will be easier (financing) and less expensive if you do not use a LLC.

    Consensus is that adiquite insurance is sufficient protection but LLC provides additional physiological protection for about 50% of investors.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.