Best option to take when investing in Valencia

Best option to take when investing in Valencia

Berlin, Berlin · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello, this is my first post I'm new to the forum and I'm relevantly new to the real estate world.
I am buying properties and rent them short term, like Airbnb. I live in Germany. Now, I want to invest to Valencia, Spain to have property for myself as vacation home and rent it short term. My goal is to Cash Flow it.

Does anybody have any experience in investing in Valencia? I am looking for someone who does, or know someone who could help me. 

So, I am interested in 2 things:
- Speak with people who done buying properties in Valencia or can provide agent service or know someone who can help there
- Your opinion about Valencia market for short term rent? Acquisition prices for properties goes up from 2016-2017, although they still are cheap comparing to pre crisis prices of 2008. 

Thanks 

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Vienna, VA · Member since 2016 · 289 posts · 253 votes
8y

Hi @Eli Lisway,

It’s been awhile since I invested in Spain, and when I did, I invested in Barcelona. Now I’m focused on US investments; however, you should reach out to @Erwin Groenendijk. Erwin is a great guy, I met him in Barcelona and I know he invests in Valencia. 

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Vienna, VA · Member since 2016 · 289 posts · 253 votes
    8y

    Hi @Eli Lisway,

    It’s been awhile since I invested in Spain, and when I did, I invested in Barcelona. Now I’m focused on US investments; however, you should reach out to @Erwin Groenendijk. Erwin is a great guy, I met him in Barcelona and I know he invests in Valencia. 

    Good luck!

  • Investor · Barcelona and Menorca (Spain) · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    Adrià Creixell
  • Investor · Barcelona & Valencia (Spain) · Member since 2017 · 322 posts · 177 votes
    8y

    Hi @Eli Lisway,

    Thanks for mentioning @David Fernandez, appreciate it. We met David in one or our meet ups organized in Barcelona approx. 6 months ago. In the meantime, mainly because of the political instability in Barcelona, we have been focusing our investment journey in Valencia. We have done 4 projects there now, and signed our last one yesterday! 

    As you can imagine, we are quite excited about Valencia and agree that it is a good option to focus on. Prices are still relatively low, for example. The situation in Valencia is an up market. The expectation is that the overall buying house prices are going to increase 10% in the upcoming year, and rental prices similarly. 

    Open to help you with additional questions if you have them. 

    Cheers, 

  • Barcelona, Catalunya · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Adrià Creixell is also a good contact for understanding the market in Valencia. He is from Barcelona, but has started doing some projects in Valencia recently. Between Adria and Erwin, looks like you have some pretty good resources.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Barcelona, Catalunya · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Dougan Milne @Gilbert R..

    @Erwin Groenendijk is one of my bussiness partners.

    Biggerpockets is very small regarding operations in Spain. A pity ;)

    Cheers.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Barcelona, Catalunya · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    @Eli Lisway but Valencia is a perfect playground for all kind of Real Estate operations. 

  • Barcelona, Catalunya · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Adrià Creixell:

    Biggerpockets is very small regarding operations in Spain. A pity ;)

    Right, so, maybe we start a Spanish version.... SmallerPockets?

  • Berlin, Berlin · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Than you very much, for your answers and connection, guys!
    Are there any Spanish Real Estate Investment community, forum yet?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.