If you had 150k in cash right now..

If you had 150k in cash right now..

Real Estate Investor · Carlisle, PA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 6 votes
Hey Guys, I just wanted to get some thoughts, if you were to have 150 grand in cash how you would leverage it to get the most out of your money. Would you buy single-family homes, would you buy multi family or would you go the commercial route to get the most amount of units. With the goal being to retire in 5 years. How would you do it if your market was in South Carolina. Thank you BP Fam
0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @John Gardner I'd use the search bar to see if my question had already been asked and answered. 

    Results for $150k

    Result for $200k

    Result for $100k

  • Wholesaler · Camden, SC · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 19 votes
    8y

    Even though you had the cash to burn, I'd would concentrate more on being picky about the instant equity, cash flow and return on investment for EACH deal that I jumped into more than I would spend time on "which" asset class to buy.

    Personally, I would accelerate what I do now and that is single family homes.

    In this SC Market you can buy, rehab, rent then SELL to investor, then with that cash, buy TWO, repeat...

    That would be my strategy.

    Bottom line is that you throw that cash at an initial OK deal and not a home run deal, you are shortchanging yourself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.