Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 20 votes
8y
Hey Shawn,
First conversations with the owners defiantly have to be about their house.
"Mr Seller, tell me about your house ? "
Mr seller, how long have you lived in it ?
Mr seller from a scale of 1 to 10 can I eat of the floor ? Or your house needs a floor ?
Try not to mention a price for the deal, let them do it.
Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 20 votes
8y
Hey Shawn,
First conversations with the owners defiantly have to be about their house.
"Mr Seller, tell me about your house ? "
Mr seller, how long have you lived in it ?
Mr seller from a scale of 1 to 10 can I eat of the floor ? Or your house needs a floor ?
Try not to mention a price for the deal, let them do it.
Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
What is your goal when calling? Listing it as a realtor, wholesaling, buying to flip, buying to rent? Homeowners will have a very different opinion of their house than you will. The last FSBO I looked at, I was told needed a shower surround and some paint... It needed $60-70k worth of work in truth...
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
6y
This is an old thread, but I just came across it. From doing a little research and adding in questions to meet my goals here is what I ask on that first call to a FSBO:
Tell me about your house? (Beds, Bath, Sq Ft)
Other notable features of house? (garage, basement, etc)
What did you like most about the house?
Why are you moving?
How many days has the house been listed?
Any current problems or past problems you repaired?
Have any major repairs or renovations been done?
Age of components? Roof? HVAC? Water Heater? Appliances? Plumbing?
What are your goals, what are you hoping to achieve right now with selling this house?
This allows me to collect the information that I need, but it also takes it a step further past a transaction and helps establish a connection. I can now hear how the seller has cared for the property/neighborhood, and understand what their goals are. When I learn what a seller's goals are and then figure out where it aligns with my goals, that is when I can figure out how to find the best deal for both parties.