HEY SYNDICATORS, and mere mortals, what is going on out there??

3 Replies

Hey guys, are you finding invest worthy deals in 2018 or are you buying into this record low cap rate environment? 

Side note: do rising interest rates cause you any concern?

@Will G. I haven't found any good deals that fit my requirements since August, I will add that I have very high standards for my acquisitions so I'm probably not going to see many more opportunities in the current investment climate. I'm sooo looking forward to rising interest rates and the next Real Estate downturn.

@Ray Johnson I am glad to hear there are some investors left sticking to their guns! seems like so many deals are going down without consideration of the possible outcomes. Fred website shows vacancy rate was 11% in 09 and for those buying 5 caps assuming 5% vacancy, are betting on perfect conditions for their loan term.

There are door collector's that will buy just about anything in order to add to their portfolio total so the Cap rate, Cash flow, etc are being overlooked. Every day I see a few really bad deals posted in the BP Marketplace then I'll see around 20 or so people asking if the property is still available for purchase and stating they're interested.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here