Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
So a recent BP blog was posted regarding the pitfalls of turnkey investing for $30K properties, which I totally get. But also mentioned "that $100K property you avoided because you thought it was too expensive." In Denver, $100K doesn't go very far.
So, where in the country have people had (buy and hold rental) success with $100K properties?
Turnkey Investment Provider · Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 41 votes
8y
Dayton, Ohio offers great opportunities between $75k-$100k. Some duplexes are available just below $100k. Great growth opportunity and the city itself is seeing the revitalization and growth many other mid-size American cities have seen over the past few years.
Some turnkey companies will offer properties in the 50s and 60s in the Dayton area. Don't go there. These have to be "war zone" D Class neighborhoods that you don't want to buy in for the long-term or it's a terrible rehab that is going to leave you with problems.
Some cities between Dayton and Cincinnati (the 2nd largest city in Ohio) - like Middletown and Franklin - also offer great returns and have high renter percentages than other suburbs.
Cincinnati is also on our radar to expand into. Just be careful. The west side of Cincinnati is likely where the most opportunities under $100k are. However, just a few streets can make a difference between low B/high C class neighborhood and super low D class area.
Ocean Springs, MS · Member since 2017 · 71 posts · 32 votes
8y
Thanks Pat! I've been to a few of the meetings before. It's difficult to make it because I hate missing my kids sports games so I usually only come when it's raining!! I would love to learn more about your perspective on investing in Biloxi and which areas you think are good!!!