How do I contact a local Landlord?

How do I contact a local Landlord?

JBPHH, HI · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 9 votes

If this has been asked and addressed before, I apologize, please point me in that direction!

I am temporally renting with a friend in a 2/2 townhouse here in Hawaii, and I've noticed this area specifically is pretty hot. I put in an offer for a similar townhouse across the street, offering 5k more than asking price and they went with someone who offered more! Crazy... Definitely a sellers market. Well anyways, right next door (literally) there is another townhouse exactly like the one I live in, who has it up for rent on Zillow. It's been two months now and no one has wanted to move into it, probably because of its old carpet, cabinets, etc. (bad marketing too, no doubt). So here I am, next door thinking of the possibility of taking it off the owners hands for a decent price, rehabbing it and house hacking it until I PCS (I'm in the Airforce) but of course I know its a long shot. Can't hurt to try though! So anyone know of a way I can send a nice letter to the owner? I know nothing about them, no name, no address. Could my realtor have access to that type of info? If so, how would you go about this? Suggestions on any of this is greatly appreciated!

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 518 posts · 283 votes
    8y
    Go to the assessors office they can find the address or parcel number from there you can go to the county recorder and look up who owns the property and what they’re taxable mailing address is. Then from there you can send them a letter and skip trace them.
  • Real Estate Agent · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 450 posts · 196 votes
    8y

    @Eric Moreno Yes, your realtor should be able to tell you the name and address.  If not, let me know!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.