Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 7 votes
So I am looking to purchase my first rental property. I know that typically deals are not found on MLS or Craigslist as these are the "deals" that have made it past all the savvy investors. My question is this though: I have found a house for sale in a solid C or C+ neighborhood that is listed for sale for 48K. Long term tenant already in place. Paying 725 a month. This would easily cash flow around 200$ per month. Market rent in the area for comparable SFH is 800-950 a month. So my question is, should I look into it? Why hasnt this already been gobbled up? Is it too good to be true?
While you are sitting there pondering if this is too good to be true, some hungry investor is already checking google maps and dialing up contacts to find more info about this property. You have to be in it to win it buddy. Sitting and pondering won't make that property yours. If its too good to be true, then its too good to be true, you move on. Do your due diligence and your questions will be answered.
Rental Property Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2016 · 205 posts · 85 votes
8y
@Rickey Ear I think there is some potential in that area, personally. 95th and Bannister is near there and will be undergoing some revitalization over the next few years with Cerner's large new office. As with anything, just be careful with the neighborhood. Some might be quicker to improve than others...