Palm Beach Gardens, FL · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 9 votes
Hey BiggerPockets members,
I just closed on my first rental unit and I am looking for a good/reputable contractor or handyman to do repairs on the townhouse to get it rent ready. Does anyone know of a Good contractor or handyman in Palm Beach County you could refer me to? Thank you in advance it is exciting and scary getting this first one under my belt and just want to make this a house people are proud to call home.
Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 184 votes
8y
What is the scope of work you are planning to do to the property? Is the property in Palm Beach Gardens? Lots of questions to answer before I check with my contacts. Best of luck on this property.
Investor · Lake Worth, FL · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 184 votes
8y
Nothing needs a permit except for the electrical if the wires and box are not installed in place. If they are there you don't need a permit for them. A good handyman can do 95% of the project. If I were you I would provide the materials and have it on the job for installation to control the cost. The pressure cleaning can be contracted out and it is very inexpensive. I would leave that for last. Get recommendations for a carpenter type handyman and he or she should be able to complete most of the job. If you have a problem with the fans the electrician can do it in about 2 hours per fan. Best wishes.