What is required to start a Property and Casualty insurance

What is required to start a Property and Casualty insurance

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 8 votes

Hello:

I am considering venturing into starting a business that provides property insurance and other types of insurance related to real-estate. Any ideas on how easy or difficult this is? Is this a saturated area or are there opportunities? is the initial investment a lot?

Also how would I go about doing this. I am assuming I would have to get a franchisee license from Allstate or StateFarm. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

0Reply
21 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason BottPro Member
    Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Zulf H. I would suggest calling both State Farm and All State.  they would be happy to talk to anyone willing to go through the training process and put down the $25k-$50k to open an office.

    once you talk with them, you will get a true feel if it's an opportunity worth pursuing.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Jason Bott - Thanks for the tip. I will reach out to them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.