Compare and Contrast 2006 with 2018 Seller's Market

Compare and Contrast 2006 with 2018 Seller's Market

Michael ZuberPro Member
Member since 2018 · 111 posts · 121 votes

If you have been in this business for nearly 2 Decades I would love to hear your thoughts and comparison between the last sellers market in 2006 that exploded badly and 2018 Sellers market.

I see lots of differences, Financing and New Construction being the most obvious.

But as I sit back and remember the crash that happened post 2006 I am left wonder what could cause a lot of forced sellers in the current market and I am just not seeing much.

I just don't see the same setup in 2018 as we had in 2006 and I might be blind hence I wanted to document my thoughts and see what others thought

Z

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 142 posts · 79 votes
    8y

    Probably one of the biggest differences is that banks aren't throwing out equity loans at a record pace; supported by ever-rising, ungoverened, appraisal values.

    I'm not an economist, just my observation as someone who was on the receiving end of a lot of those equity loans in that period of time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.