Buying Investments in Belize

Buying Investments in Belize

Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes

Hi All, 

Has anybody made any purchases in Belize? I'm looking at a hotel development where I would buy a unit and the hotel would manage it. 

Does anybody have any experience with that kind of thing? Any experience with Ambergris Caye in Belize? 

Thanks very much, 

Jeb

3Reply
123 views

Most Popular Reply

Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 8 votes
8y

We traveled by boat from dangriga to thatch caye, seems like it took about 20 min. I didn't mind it at all. Want me to go stay and check it out for you? Lol

See this reply in the discussion

61 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I've been meaning to talk to you but I'm working on closing a big deal right now. Let's DM to pick a time. 

    Thanks.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Total disaster.   I know a couple who fell for the sales pitch.   40% occupancy and fees up the rear end.  Paid over $200k not performing anywhere near as to what they were led to believe.

     Which development are you referring to?

  • Rental Property Investor · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 623 posts · 155 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Michaela G.:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Total disaster.   I know a couple who fell for the sales pitch.   40% occupancy and fees up the rear end.  Paid over $200k not performing anywhere near as to what they were led to believe.

     Which development are you referring to?

     I wish I could talk to the closed account person. I was told 40% occupancy at the resort I've been looking at and at that rate the numbers are pretty good. According to all my research the numbers may even hit 50% in the next year or so. I'm still definitely considering this but an apartment deal has come my way where I usually invest in the Indianapolis area and it seems quite a bit safer and easy to attract a potential partner.  Plus I know Indy and have a team already. Belize seems amazing but I'm a conservative guy.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Belize · Member since 2025 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hi Jeb!

    How has your experience in Belize been so far? I'm a little late to the forum, but I'm very new to BP. I hope that your journey here in Belize has been going well. Let me know if you're getting around or if you need help with anything here.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.