My first rental is almost paid for. Where do i go from here?

My first rental is almost paid for. Where do i go from here?

Wholesaler · glasgow, KY · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes

My first rental is almost paid for.  Where do I go from here?  Do I refinance and use the equity to make down payments on other properties?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Dallas Texas · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 20 votes
8y

Let's not talk about death. 70 is the new 50. lol

Pull the equity, buy 2 more rentals, as long as you can make it work where all is positive cash flow. If something does happen to you (God forbid), your heirs will have debt in the property, but also have property going up in value.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Durham, NC · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 68 votes
    8y
    Do you want to grow your portfolio? If so, you should have refinanced the minute you could use a new appraisal as your LTV. Yes, refinance ASAP
  • Wholesaler · glasgow, KY · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Aaron:  Thanks for your post.  Yes, I want to build a portfolio but I am 70 years old and would like to create a debt free pofolio for my heirs before I die.  I am subsidizing the first rental with $1000 until I get it paid off.  Do you still think I should refinance?

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    This question is mute. If you refinance then you're leveraging the property and now you have debt. If your goals are to build a portfolio that's best path to success. I agree with @Aaron Smith and would have done it months/years ago. 

  • Dallas Texas · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    8y

    Let's not talk about death. 70 is the new 50. lol

    Pull the equity, buy 2 more rentals, as long as you can make it work where all is positive cash flow. If something does happen to you (God forbid), your heirs will have debt in the property, but also have property going up in value.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.