Chicago Investors: Thoughts on Illinois Medical District?

Chicago Investors: Thoughts on Illinois Medical District?

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Hey all,

For those investing in Chicago, I'm curious what your thoughts are on the Illinois Medical District area.  Most deals I've looked at & offered on are on the North side so I'm not hugely familiar with the area, but there looks to be a lot of investment pouring into it (The Gateway project, Cook County Hospital redevelopment, etc.) and rents seem pretty strong.  Does anyone have experience investing here?  Any feedback on vacancy rates & tenant class?  I think it could be a good area to invest in but would love some insight from those more familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 27 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Although I don't have personal investment experience in the area, I've always been a fan of that area in general. With the university and Little Italy it provides a strong demand from students, residents, and say young professional looking to have a close commute to the loop.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.