How to find a good photographer for your property?

How to find a good photographer for your property?

New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 11 votes

Recently I have been thinking about the exist strategy for some of the properties in my portfolio.  I'd like to put together some marketing material for those properties.  Obviously, there will be historical financial as well as pro-forma.  I was thinking about adding pictures in there as well to enhance the marketing package.

For those of you who have hired professionals to take pictures of your property, where did you find them?  What kind of process did you use to vet/interview them?  

My first thought was to go to craigslist, but the jobs section wasn't too helpful.  My properties are in Allentwon, PA, but I dont really know any local resources.  

Any insight would be much appreciated.

0Reply
36 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    8y
    @James Zhang I don't know how high end your properties are but I would just use my smart phone.. iPhones and Samsungs these days have phenomenal cameras. But if you are out of town I was thinking local real estate agent should have good connections..
  • New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    They are not high end properties.  However, when i used my phone to take pictures of the house, those pictures turned out fine, but they just dont look professional.  I feel adding those pictures into the marketing material almost feels they detract from the whole thing. 

  • China, ME · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    @James Zhang  Craigslist - look at the "gigs" section.  Or, call a local photography school and ask for a student in architectural photography.  

    Get a look at their portfolio and see how their work looks.

    It's worth paying someone to do the job properly.

  • New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    @Charlie MacPherson thanks for the tip on photography school.  There are actually couple of colleges around my property.  I ended up finding the contact info for their photography club.  I sent them an email to see if anyone is willing to take a few photos for me for a fee. 

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Just use Craigslist BUT ask for their portfolio. Make sure it includes real estate photos and they are what you're expecting...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.