How to Find Properties with Mold

How to Find Properties with Mold

Investor · North Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I am new to rehabbing and flipping and was wondering does anyone know of a good and creative way to find houses that have mold issues? I am not afraid of those houses but I need to know where I can find them. Any suggestions?

0Reply
11 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2016 · 145 posts · 100 votes
    8y

    @ROGER RAMIREZ Most landlords are not afraid of mold either. Once the source of moisture is fixed, a mold is easy to fix. The hard part is preventing slow water leaks that cause mold. To answer your question, I haven't seen anyone selling their property because of the mold issue.

  • Investor · Jasper GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Roger

    @ROGER RAMIREZ  Good for you for thinking out of the box.  I've never thought of it, but you might contact some local mold remediation companies in your area.  A little cash might help. Instead of a bird dog they could be your mold dog.  

  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @ROGER RAMIREZ:

    I am new to rehabbing and flipping and was wondering does anyone know of a good and creative way to find houses that have mold issues? I am not afraid of those houses but I need to know where I can find them. Any suggestions?

     Do a mailing to any street that flooded in the last hurricane.

  • Investor · North Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Krishna Chava Thank you for your response I agree with you about most landlords but I am referring to more serious mold problems where all the dry wall needs to be removed and replaced in a room or two. 

  • Investor · North Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Bob B. Thank you so much I am trying to think outside the box!  I love that mold dog lol

  • Investor · North Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Thanks Mike that is genius!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.