Beginner in Real estate wholesaling/investing

Beginner in Real estate wholesaling/investing

Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hello everyone! I’m a recent college graduate and moved here to Indianapolis just two weeks ago. I’m working in finance in Carmel originally from Chicago. I truly want to dive into wholesaling and would love to have a mentor who has a great foot in the game that I can learn from. Its truly hard to do well in this industry without someone taking you under their wing and guiding you through the process. I have a solid base knowledge of wholesaling but would love to a mentor to help get me where I need to be. It gets discouraging that all the mentorship opportunities that are offered all are requesting thousands of dollars that I don’t have.
0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2016 · 341 posts · 643 votes
    8y

    Hey @Darrell Spencer - props to you for being motivated to get into real estate!

    Now, I'm not trying to be harsh, just telling you how it is: as @Brandon Turner and @David Greene say on the BP podcast all the time...the quickest way to NOT find a mentor is to blatantly ask "will you be my mentor?"

    Instead, I'd suggest you start connecting with as many people as possible that are accomplishing what you want to be doing. Meet them for lunch, offer to help them for free, go to meet ups. A mentor will probably COME NATURALLY at some point if you really focus on networking. Also, that "mentor" will probably be more like a good friend than anything.

    Think of it in terms of dating. You'll never successfully ask someone out if the first words out of your mouth are, "will you be my girlfriend?" you've got to start with a real conversation, build trust, and foster the relationship.

    Best of luck!

    -Tyler

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.