Looking for Distressed/Fixer uppers/Handyman Lehigh Valley, PA

2 Replies

Hello BP Community!

I am a newbie real estate investor (have been doing this for six months) and I am looking to invest in Lehigh Valley, P.A. (Bethlehem, Allentown, Easton, etc.). I am having trouble searching for distressed properties in the area as the conventional sites like Zillow or Realtor.com have limited amounts of listings. I have also searched on Craigslist, but with limited success. I have come across several online sites that charge for such listings. Is this something that I should consider paying for? Is this legitimate, or is this a scam and a waste of time? If so, then can anyone point me in the right direction? I deeply appreciate any insights that anyone can provide me. 

Thanks!

Zeke

@Ezekiel Cruz - If you talk to a local real estate agent, they can set you up with MLS access, which will give you the most accurate information on properties available for sale. Sites such as Zillow and Realtor will have plenty of these listings for you to analyze. There is no reason you should pay for listings when they are all being marketed for free!

There are many strategies for finding deals on the MLS. I personally like targeting stale listings, reaching out to owners who have been marketing their properties for 120+ days but have not sold them yet. Another I like is to find good deals the day they pop up and move quickly. I recommend you reach out to an agent that specializes in working with investors, or find an investor who is willing to partner with you for a project. It's a hot market, but there are still plenty of deals to be had!

@David Ribardo Thanks for your reply! I am currently working with an agent, but the only listings I receive are turnkey properties, and some properties in need of rehab, but not seriously distressed properties. Just trying to tap into the various avenues that are available. Reaching out to owners who have their properties listed for a long time is a great strategy that I can try as well. Thanks again!