Any outlet to sell long term vacation rental property?

2 Replies

Good Morning.  I'm looking to sell a vacation rental home here in Portland, OR.  It is a long term (30+ days) non-owner occupied business with returning guests.  I'd love to be able to just hand over the keys, website and VRBO listing rather than the hassle of RE sale.  I found one website, but they have very few properties and are on the other coast.

Does anyone know of any outlets to sell such a niche property?

Hi Raymond. I know the market I'm in here in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg there is a huge online FACEBOOK following of STR and LTR groups. I would recommend searching your area for those and posting your listing there. You may be surprised.

Hey Raymond, 

I understand trying to avoid the hassle but if you, as an experienced owner/operator, are having trouble finding an outlet to sell the whole thing, then I have to assume your less-savvy buyers will struggle to find your listing even more. Why limit your buyer pool? 

Why not consider selling traditionally and including the infrastructure and personal property in the sale? There are plenty of people on RMLS looking for potential Air B&B properties. And, you’ll get the benefit of exposure to traditional buyers as well. 

Shoot me a message if you want to explore what that can look like. 

Best of luck!