Flat-pack Houses Legally Considered Same as Traditional Houses?

Flat-pack Houses Legally Considered Same as Traditional Houses?

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have knowledge about flat-pack homes?

I just learned about flat-pack houses such as ones made by this company: https://www.madihome.com.

Does anyone know how I would go about researching if these are legal in my area? I live in NY and buying a residential lot and building a flat-pack seems like it would be more affordable than purchasing a traditional house.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Homeowner · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Kim it’s legal but you still need to get all the permits. Check with the local building inspector to understand the permit process.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.