The best and worst seasons to list a house?

The best and worst seasons to list a house?

Real Estate Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2011 · 217 posts · 14 votes

When would be the best season to list a house? And the worst?

I think winter probablly is the worst season, as few occupants look for houses in winter, and selling in winter is a sign that you are very motivated to sell.

Spring is probablly the best season. More occupant buyers. I notice the house prices in my area have been increasing since winter.

Any thoughts?

0Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2008 · 488 posts · 121 votes
    15y

    I agree with you Michael. I read somewhere that 60% of home sales occur between the months of April - July.

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2008 · 945 posts · 45 votes
    15y

    March to July was what I always understood was the best time for SE Arizona.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.