Newbie.. Cash Purchase FSBO..No agent..No Attorney

Newbie.. Cash Purchase FSBO..No agent..No Attorney

NC · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 0 votes
I signed a purchase agreement for a home I plan to demo. This is my 3rd home purchasing cash no financing. I got a inspection with no surprises it's a demo home..No agent..No attorney. I'm getting a title search done tomorrow. If the search discloses nothing new...Can I write a check for the balance and go to the courts to change the deed????.. Not that simple??...Please advice..I'm a newby...Thanks
0Reply
24 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    Courts/recording offices don’t “change deeds”....they just record whatever you give them, assuming it meets legal requirements. Get title insurance, have an attorney/title co. draft/notarize/record the deed.

  • NC · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Wayne Brooks Thank you. Can I do all this with the title company or do I need to search for a title company and a attorney?
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    @Zimean Vickers We use title co.s, some states uses attorneys for deed drafting/closings. If your title co. does it, that’s all you need.

  • NC · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Wayne Brooks. Ok, thanks for helping me.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.